PocketFinder+ Troubleshooting Tips and Steps
*PocketFinder+ LED Light Status Definitions
& Troubleshooting Tips
LED Light Status
Video Tutorials https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChPskwI4OmXOsjnfpmqx9_A
*Internal Antenna Module: The Antenna Module is located in the upper left corner when viewing the front of the device. The front is the side with the SOS Button. The top is where the keyring is connected. The device will get the best signal when the antenna is facing up and getting a clear unobstructed view of the sky.
- *SOLID BLUE LIGHT: When your device is first connected to power it sometimes takes 1-2 seconds for the blue LED to come on showing that it’s being powered. The blue LED may turn off after a few minutes, but the device will still need the typical first full charge of 5 hours. Subsequent full charges typically take 2 hours depending on the power source being used to charge the device.
- *NO BLUE LIGHT: If connected to power, but a blue LED does not come when it is first plugged in, the issue is that the cord is not providing enough power or your device is already charged to a significant level. Connect your device with another micro-USB cord that you may have in your home. Please let us know if this does not resolve the issue and you need us to send you a new cord!
- *FLASHING BLUE LIGHT: If your device is flashing blue, the battery level is 20% or below.
- *SOLID GREEN: SOS Period has ended and will resume Flashing Green in about a minute.
- *FLASHING GREEN: Flashing green intermittently indicates that the device is receiving cell signals and communicating with our servers. If the device is moving and flashing green, but is not updating the location you can press Track Mode on your app or desktop site (once) to trigger a fresh locate command. Track Mode will not wake a device from Sleep Mode (battery conservation mode) since the device is not moving and not communicating. A device in Sleep Mode will wake up only when it starts moving again.
- *SOLID RED: When SOS mode is enacted, the LED will turn solid red for 5 minutes. At the end of the 5 minutes, the LED will blink solid green and then the LED will go off until it blinks green intermittently again.
- *SOLID RED Longer than 5 Minutes: If the LED is solid red and keeps staying on past 5 minutes when SOS is enacted, this indicates that a command or alert for your device is stuck in our system and that is why your device is not updating its locate. Please let a representative know of this so we may fix the frozen command.
- *FLASHING RED: If when SOS is enacted, the LED blinks red a few times then goes off. This indicates your device is not connecting with cell service. This means either the device is being used internationally and is not profiled correctly or is being used in an area with no 3G GSM cell service.
PocketFinder+ Troubleshooting Steps
If you feel your device is not working properly, please follow these troubleshooting steps below. If these steps do not resolve the issue you are experiencing, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you further!
PLEASE CHANGE YOUR LOCATE FREQUENCY TO CONSTANT OR 4 MINUTE LOCATES DURING THESE TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS IN THE POWER SECTION OF THE WEB INTERFACE OR APP
*Please record what you experience with each step and take note of the time each step is done in case these steps do not resolve your concerns and you need to send the details to us for additional troubleshooting. This will help us to quickly diagnose what is causing the trouble you may be experiencing with your device.
TROUBLESHOOTING STEPS 1-4
If your device is moving and has an intermittent green LED light flashing, but it has not updated the current location, press Track Mode on your App or Desktop site to trigger a locate command. Track Mode will not wake a non-moving device from Sleep Mode. If this does not correct your issue, follow the steps below.
We recommend pressing Track Mode (only once) on your App or Desktop site when you place the device on the charger and when you remove the device from the charger with each use.
- Plug your device in to charge for at least 20 minutes and confirm (take note) if the blue LED light is solid, flashing, or does not turn on at all. If connected to power, but a blue LED does not come on, the issue is that the cord is not providing enough power. Connect your device with another micro-USB cord that you may have in your home. Please let us know if this does not resolve your issue and if you need us to send you a new cord! *The cover on the charging port may be difficult to move the first few times, but it moves on a swivel once it is opened. You will want to swivel it to the side to ensure the cord can plug in fully.
- After at least 20 minutes of charging, make sure the blue light is either still solid or has turned off, but no other lights are flashing or showing. If you see a red or green light while it is charging, please take note and let us know. Unplug your device and shake, rotate, or jiggle it around. The accelerometer will register movement when rotating or tilting the device top to bottom a few times. Your green LED light should flash for a few seconds. Please note if the green light does not turn on.
- Take the device for a 10-15 minute walk or drive. Watch for the green flashing LED light. Please note if the light flashes green intermittently or stays solid.
- If you see locates, your device is locating again and there is no need to complete the other steps. If you have the app, please check to see if the device is updating locates while on your walk (remember, the app does not auto refresh, so press refresh on the device list page or MAP page of the app).
*If the issue is not resolved after completing these steps, please also complete the SOS steps below.
SOS STEPS 1-4
These steps are only for our troubleshooting process.
It is never necessary to press the SOS button for your device to start locating.
- If the green light is not flashing or if you are not seeing locates update, press the SOS button on the front of the device 3 times in rapid succession (3 times within 2 seconds). The LED should turn solid red. Please take note of the time you enact the SOS and whether the light stays solid red for the 5 minute period that SOS lasts. *You will not need to press your SOS button to start locating in the future, but we ask that you do this for this troubleshooting process so we may ensure all aspects of your device are functioning properly.
- Immediately after pressing the SOS button, take the device for a 10 minute walk or drive outside where it can receive good GPS signals and 3G cell signals.
- During this walk or drive, the red LED should switch to solid green for a few seconds after the 5 minute SOS period has ended. The LED should then blink green intermittently. Please take note of the activity of the lights, so you can give us this information if the troubleshooting steps do not resolve your concerns.
- If you have the app, please check to see if you see the device updates locates while on your walk (remember, the app does not auto refresh, so press refresh on the device list page or MAP page of the app).
*If your issue is not resolved after you complete these steps please contact us with your findings regarding the lights, locates appearing on app, and the time you enacted SOS to the time the 10 minute walk or drive was completed. I have included some additional helpful information below.