How do I activate my device and how will it work?
Welcome! Activating your device is quick and easy! On this page you'll find the following:
1. Account Creation and Activation Instructions
2. Instructions for getting your first locate, default settings for how it will work and tips for using your PocketFinder+
3. Resource links
1. Account Creation and Activation Instructions
To get started, Click this link to the Activation page or Click the Activate button located under the PocketFinder logo on our Website homepage.
Step 1: Complete the Account Form
To create a new account enter the email address you would like to use as your new account "log in" username and a new password for your account. If you already have an account username, please enter your current username / email address and current password to activate your device to your existing account.
NOTE: Your privacy is extremely important to us and Secret Questions help us keep your account information and privacy secure. If you contact us by phone or from any email that is not your primary account email, we will ask you to verify your secret questions.
Step 2: Payment Options
Enter Payment Information you would like to use for the subscription on your new device.
Step 3: Activate Your Device
- Select your device type
- Select desired service plan
- Enter ACTIVATION CODE / IMEI
- Click "Activate Device and Plan"
- If you need to activate more than one device, Click the blue "Add an Additional Device" button
- Click "Next"
NOTES: PocketFinder+ Personal Locator Activation/IMEI code: The IMEI code is your activation code and is located on the outside of the product packaging and on the back of the device. Enter the whole activation code / IMEI without any extra characters or spaces.
VEHICLE DEVICE activation codes / IMEI are always 10 numbers. The activation code can be found on the outside of the product packaging and on the sticker on the back of the device. Enter the whole 10 digit activation code / IMEI without any extra characters or spaces.
If you receive an error message when activating, please contact our friendly customer care team and we'll be happy to assist.
2. Instructions for getting your first locate and tips for using your PocketFinder+
Welcome! Now that your device is activated, please open the rubber water stopper at the bottom of the device exposing the power port. This rubber stopper is designed to have a tight fit and may be difficult to open when the device is new. Please open it and turn to the side so that the power cord can fit into the port. Please verify that the micro USB power cord is fully connected and after a second or two a blue LED light above the silver SOS button turns on when you first connect it to power. Once connected to power and blue light turns on, your device will receive the latest firmware updates and settings for your unique location. Please charge for 6 hours for the first charge. A subsequent full charge is approximately 2 hours depending on the power source.
Pocketfinder+ first locate experience! After 6 hours of 1st time charging your device and activation:
- When you pick up your device the blue led will come on for a few moments and as it's moving a green led will flicker on and off. Take it outside for a walk and it will track your progress.
*Default location setting is 3 minutes of 10 second tracking followed by 10 minutes of rest between locates. If "track mode" is pressed between locates it will begin tracking in less than 2 minutes!*
- Take a walk or drive around your block. When you return, log into your account by returning to www.pocketfinder.com, top right of page click "sign in" or download the "PocketFinder2" app from the App Store/Google Play and enter your account username and password. You will see your location and history of where you were!
- If you'd like to test the SOS feature. Press the SOS button three times which will begin 3 minutes of 10 second tracking. When the LED turns red SOS is activated and an alert is sent to the alert tab. When the SOS tracking is finished you will see a solid green LED and the device will again function as normal.
*Your PocketFinder+ should wake up and begin locating each day based on its motion sensor, an SOS press is not needed. A PocketFinder+ will go into power conservation "sleep mode" after 15 minutes of non-movement. Pressing "track mode" while the device is asleep will not start it tracking. It will begin tracking again with detection of movement.
iOS customers with the latest app update will see the following power options under the power tab in the app. Our Android App will soon be updated with these options and "instant zone" very soon. All customers can log into our browser version of the interface from www.pocketfinder.com from any computer or mobile device. The following 4 locate options under the "Power" tab in the app and web interface:
1. Constant 10 second tracking (when not connected to power)
2. 3 minutes of 10 second tracking, 5 minutes of rest between locates (If track mode is pressed between locates it will begin tracking in less than 2 minutes)
3. 3 minutes of 10 second tracking, 10 minutes of rest between locates (If track mode is pressed between locates it will begin tracking in less than 2 minutes)
4. 3 minutes of 10 second tracking, 20 minutes of rest between locates (If track mode is pressed between locates it will begin tracking in less than 2 minutes)
If you'd like a quicker interval than 10 min before our next app update please contact customer service and we'll adjust your device's settings. :)
PocketFinder+ is the first 3G Personal Tracker that dynamically uses all three location technologies!
+ GPS is the most accurate outside and based on satellite coverage in your area, accuracy can be within 10 feet
+ Google's Wi-Fi Touch is the most accurate in big city areas and indoor locates
+ Cell ID isn't very accurate, but when GPS signals are blocked and Wi-Fi triangulation isn't available an approximate location can be found
Locate Frequency: more options are coming soon based on customer feedback. Today, the options in the app are not active. Details on default settings for your pocketfinder+ can be found by clicking here.
- PocketFinder+ User Manual
- PocketFinder+ Updates - bugs, fixes, new features
- Customer Service Central - all resources & Contact Us
You will receive a welcome email from one of our helpful service professionals within 24 business hours after you activate. Please check your email spam filter :) and thank you for your business, we look forward to serving you!